Monday, January 11, 2010

NYC Goodbye Party




Last night was my NYC going away party. It was, as I expected, a whirlwind of friends and a great time. Once again, I was struck by how incredibly lucky I am to be surrounded by such dynamic, exciting, and loyal people. While I will be terribly disappointed to leave them behind, I very much look forward to returning to them. (In the interim, I expect long emails detailing their antics...seriously guys, a life without all of your stories would be quite dull indeed)

The hardest goodbye though, will be the one I say to Alex. I'll try and avoid the over emotional gooey babble but I have to say that leaving him behind will be incredibly difficult. In fact, just thinking about it makes me tear up. (Though I cry at the drop of a hat with anything to do with romance) I think the hardest thing for me will be adjusting to not having an unconditional love and support system right there with me. Someone who can laugh at me when i am being ridiculous or hold me when the going gets rough. Sure, there's always skype, I know that, but after over three and a half years of having him right by my side, I am worried about having a bit of a breakdown when I realize that I have to survive without him directly by my side. Ok, so that's my gooey blurb about Alex, the man I think is the most incredible man to walk the planet (besides you, daddy/other men in my family)

Leaving him will be tough. Leaving my friends will be sad. Leaving my family will be hard. I guess this just reinforces how lucky I truly am. Because if they weren't so amazing, I wouldn't care about leaving them.

No comments:

Post a Comment