Tuesday, January 26, 2010

False Advertising

The nights that I order Asian food in the USA, I know two things: 1. I need to wear my fat jeans tomorrow and 2. I'm probably not going to be able to move after consuming this greasy deliciousness.

Asian food in Asia is as different as....well, I can't even give a fair comparison (it's 7:45 am here so cut me a break) The point is, the food that I consume here is galaxies away from the junk they serve us in the US, and right now I am trying to figure out why.

WHY do the places in the US make Asian food something that is greasy, unhealthy, and that makes you gain 5 pounds from one night? The food I eat here is fresh, doesn't taste greasy, doesn't have all of these additives. It's simply prepared and delicious. It's honestly some of the best food I've ever eaten in my life. Every day when the cook arrives to my flat, my mouth begins watering and after she has created a delectable treat worthy of any of the 5 stars restaurants in NYC, I dig in an appreciate every bite. Frankly, I don't think I will be able to eat Asian food in the US again. (sorry Alex)

I have to go to class now. I just wanted to share my thoughts on this because I thinks its TERRIBLE that the Asian food we get served in the US differs so greatly from the Asian food we get here.

On a side note, I bought a bar of chocolate here. Maybe it was just the wrong brand, I don't know, I will have to give others a try...but it couldn't come close to my high standards of chocolate.

Anyone who wants to send me: chocolate, a sweatshirt, a printer, or a portable clothes dryer shoot me a note and I'll send you my address.

xo

2 comments:

  1. Alice darling, you are eating Vietnamese food. Maybe I am biased, but it is one of the best cuisines in the world. Sadly, in NYC there are not many good Vietnamese restaurants. What you are eating in NY is Chinese take out, where most things are cooked in oil before stir fried.. hence why it seems so heavy. When you come back, I will take you to one that is up to my standards in Chinatown.

    Did you have a chance to explore Nha Tho Street (Church Street) yet? I love all the little boutiques there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't but i am spending all weekend in Hanoi, so i will definitely hit it up. I can't wait for you to show me REAL Asian food upon my return. I don't think I can eat the fake thing ever again.

    ReplyDelete