Sunday, January 17, 2010

Adjusting but Not Well Adjusted

So yesterday was a good day and I am FINALLY going to have a blog post that doesn't make me sound like a snivelling whining little brat. Amazing, right? I'd like to start off by saying that the problem was never with Hanoi, or Vietnam....but with the program I am with. I LOVE Hanoi, and I love this country. The people are wonderful, warm and welcoming and I think everyone should visit here.

But yesterday during the day I spent the day in the city, and had a great time. I bargained in the market, bought some great pearls and silk scarves, ate delicious food and took fun pictures. Also, I think it helps that everywhere I go people stop and tell me how beautiful I am. I am THAT superficial to allow this to make me happy to stay here. ;)

I also met some cool people who I went out with last night and had a GREAT time. So things are settling. There will be good days and bad days but the most important thing is ATTITUDE. And I can make mine better. I need to grow up (gasp!), stop feeling sorry for myself and make my own fate and destiny.

In the meantime, i appreciate all of your emails and supportive texts. My US phone is now broken so I won't be getting them anymore. But you can always email and skype or twitter or facebook me. I am SO accessible!

I'd like to give a special shout out to Alex, my father, and Alison...all of whom have been incredibly loving and supportive as I bawled my eyes out to them over video skype. SUPER ATTRACTIVE.

And another shout out to Alex, because in general he is perfect and I adore him and miss him like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment