Sunday, March 14, 2010

Stylo

I went to get my haircut on Friday. Ok, so my hair is a lot shorter than I wanted. I have been TRYING to grow out my hair for the past year or so and I am back right where I started. However, it's a good cut and I may even go back for highlights so I feel less hideous.

I've never felt more hideous and fat than since my move to Asia. Most people come here and get beautiful and skinny but not me. I go the other way. Typical.

I digress.

I must talk about the service industry in Asia. As you can probably imagine, it's exquisite.

The simplest tasks are performed with such precision and care, resulting in a winning experience.

I have other examples but the one I will discuss is getting my hair washed. I love to be pampered and being made to feel good so this was a joyous time for me.

I sat down in the hair washing chair (which by the way was actually fold out so there was no awkward neck cramp and my legs were comfortably extended) at 12:55 and it was normal at first...water, shampoo, scrubbing, rinse, conditioner, rinse....and then it changed.

The genius with his head in my hands then proceeded to give me the most amazing scalp massage that I have ever received. His expert touch brought me to a different dimension. It was like an out of body experience, my world stopped, there was nothing else in the world other than this scalp massage. It was heaven. Words don't do it justice.

I got out of the chair at 1:15...

for the record that means my scalp massage and pampering was over 15 minutes.

Now THAT'S what I call impeccable service.

No comments:

Post a Comment