Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I Look Up To The Sky And Now The World Is Mine

Despite coming from family of really driven people, I strive to live my life in cruise control. I'd rather enjoy the ride than get to the destination.

Most people would rather hang out with their friends than go to work or class, I'm not unique in this. However, unlike many of my peers, I blow off the former for the latter with little thought to consequence. I always have. I always think that maybe this time I can be different, maybe I've grown up and can be responsible but WHERE IS THE FUN IN THAT?!

I've always lived my life in a pursuit of a good time, having fun, and detouring from anything that could hinder this.

I am not proud of this. Or the fact that the times I am most successful professionally are either 1. I am working on something I think is fun or 2. my personal life is facing some kind of crisis and work is the only refuge available. Maybe I haven't found my true passion yet, but that's a post for another time.

Now that I have a life in Hanoi, I am having serious issues with the fact that I also have a job. It gets in the way of the things I'd rather be doing. Classes that used to be conducted bright eyed and with a PowerPoint are now seen through bleary squints and are lucky if I even know what I am supposed to be teaching. (exaggeration a bit)

I am hoping that one day I become a real adult. That when asked what do I want to do with my life, my honest answer is not, "Have fun"

Anyway, moving on....

A few shout outs and then you can all know what as been playing ON REPEAT on my itunes as of late

Danny Mezz-You are an Adonis. Gorgeous on the outside and inside. The man sends me care package emails filled with my favorite tv shows. So thoughtful and sweet. I know it takes up a lot of time and it is OH SO APPRECIATED
Trang-You left today. And I miss you already
To myself: Nice city navigating


ITUNES Playlist...these songs get played on repeat (too bad my ipod was stolen)
1. Run Run Run by Phoenix
2. You're so damn hot by Okgo
3. Break Your Heart by Taio Cruz (mainly because it's about me and my friends)
4. When I Look at You by Miley Cyrus (hate to admit this one, but it's great and it reminds me of AJ)
5. Haven't Met You yet by Michael Buble
6. Dreaming with a Broken Heart by John Mayer
7. brown sugar by the Rolling Stones

No comments:

Post a Comment