Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Oh La-LAO Part 3




THIRD AND LAST STOP: Luang Prabang
I was so excited to go to Luang Prabang, it was what I was looking forward to the most. My best friend and world traveler, Alison, had raved about it and I was in dire need of culture and the fact that it's French Colonial only added to my anticipation. LP was my favorite stop on our trip. I loved wandering around the adorable streets taking in the architecture and shops. There was Bougainvillea everywhere you looked, there was a night market, there was the river, and while it wasn't as scenic as VV, I was enamored. (Let me state: it still can't hold a candle to Vietnam)

The first day was spent really trying to figure out how to get back to Hanoi before school started up again because we had found out that all the borders were closed to buses due to the holiday. (We ended up having to fly)

We spent a great day wandering around a stunning temple, meditating and then going down to the river and swimming. We spent every night the same way: watching the sunset, eating street food, going to the night market, shopping, returning back to the guesthouse and hanging out outside with the other guests until it was time for bed. We made some fun friends who i hope we get to see again when they make it to Hanoi.

I will elaborate more to anyone who wants it. But that's the sum up of our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment