Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Hanoi Tattoo

Just when I think I am getting really snazzy and great with my bike, a higher force intervenes. Last night was no exception. I have been navigating the streets of Hanoi quite great ease and skill, impressing myself by a)being able to find myself around b)being able to drive well. I'm even able to carry a passenger pretty steadily.

Last night was great. I drove all over town, I found the street that I was meeting my friend at dinner, I drove both of us home with no problems whatsoever...until I got to my parking garage.

The garage is underground and you are supposed to turn your bike off and ride it down in neutral. No big deal, I do this three or four times a day. But last night, for some reason, I got off my bike and tried to walk it downhill, which as you can probably imagine was a complete disaster! As my bike started going full force down the slope in an out of control fashion I tried to stop it using all of my body weight....which I was able to do...

...the only causality is the now HUGE burn on my outer calf. It's huge and ugly. It's in a prominent visible spot and it's going to blister, scab and possibly scar. I guess if that's the worst thing that happens to me on that bike then I should be happy and grateful. In the meantime, I am going to moan and groan about how hideous this burn is and how it is deforming my leg. I hope it's not permanent.

Before I head out I'd like to send the following shout outs
To my mother...just in case she still reads this blog. (she said she had to stop reading because it made her "anxious") I love you!
Diane Johnston...who sent me the BEST birthday card ever
to Garrick and Brandon...I AM SO EXCITED THAT YOU'RE COMING OUT HERE IN APRIL/MAY
to Alex...just because he's the greatest ever

AC out xo

No comments:

Post a Comment